The Amazing Benefits of Waxing
Unlike shaving or depilatory creams that remove hair only at the surface, waxing removes hair at the root. There is no razor burn, unsightly bumps, or irritating stubble the very next day. With continuous waxing (approximately every 4 weeks) your hair will grow in softer and more sparse, leaving your skin smoother and hair free for weeks!
Prior To Your Brazilian Wax
Hair must be at least ¼ inch long for fine hair and coarse hair should be at least ½ inch long. If you’ve been shaving, wait two weeks for hair to grow in. The wax will have nothing to grab on to if the hair is too short. You may take Ibuprofen 30 minutes before you come in. This reduces inflammation and takes the edge off. Exfoliate the area getting waxed to remove dead skin cells and trapped, ingrown hairs. A loofah or mild scrub will work effectively for this.
During Your Brazilian Wax
Breathe and Relax!! It’s not what the movies and television shows have made it out to be!
Maintaining Your Brazilian Wax
Starting the day after your visit, make sure you exfoliate and moisturize the entire area where hair was removed. Continue to do this daily as this will help to prevent ingrown hairs. Not much to it!
1. Avoid extreme sun exposure or tanning beds for at least 24 hours before and after waxing to avoid skin sensitivities.
2. You must be off Accutane for at least 6 weeks before you can wax any part of your face or body.
3. Do not shave in between waxes.
Because of hair growth different cycles, sometimes the very first wax may already grow some stubble after couple of days. it’s not the hair waxed already growing, but it’s another cycle that was still in the skin during waxing.
While it’s usually only small amount of hair , for more smooth results wax twice before an event or vacation, because the second time cycles are more even and there is less regrowth.
After you wax
In the first 24-48 hours you may experience some sensitivity like redness or irritation in the area that was treated. Here are some tips to follow during the first 48 hours after waxing.
- Do not use any exfoliating products, especially ones containing acids, since they might further irritate your skin
- Showers are better than bathes. Use only lukewarm water-not hot.
- No saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools or other heated sources.
- Do not expose treated area to ultra-violet rays indoor or outdoor. For your own protection always wear sunscreen.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours.
- To avoid ingrown hairs don’t wear tight clothes for the next couple of days.
- Resist touching freshly waxed skin, especially on the face, as this may encourage irritation and some breakouts.
- To avoid ingrown hair exfoliate waxed area (starting after 48 hours of treatment) 2-3 times a week to get rid of dead skin layer, so your hair can grow above skin surface.
Avoid for 24 hrs after waxing:
- Makeup, if face is waxed
- Deodorant with aluminum.
- Salt Glow or stimulating body or facial treatments.
WAXING & sKIN cARE